This program is an all inclusive learning program for children with different sensory needs, learning difficulties, disabilities, developmental delays or who may experience a high level of separation anxiety.
Sensory School Readiness is a movement and play based learning program with an emphasis on active play to support self regulation.
This program aims to
- Create new school based routines
- Gain independence in a new school setting
- Promote turn taking and communication skills
- Learn skills & tools to aid in the school transition period
- Develop Fine motor & Gross motor skills, Balance and Coordination in support of natural child development
- Use interest led activities to create relationships and meaningful learning experiences
Each class hosts no more than 8 children to allow a more individual, child centered learning environment.
Children that are not yet toilet trained are more than welcome.
The Move Your Body Studio is proud to work closely with a team of professionals to provide a program that supports your child through the first steps of their school journey. We use each childs individual strengths to create a positive school readiness experience and happily work with each family to incorporate any other current goals they may be working towards.
Each class is supported by 3 x experienced Educators and/or Therapy Assistants to ensure each child is supported to engage in activities and individual needs are catered for.
Our Sensory School Readiness program aims to help bridge the gap in our local education system by providing more opportunities for our communities families and more support for the schools these children will be attending by implementing foundation steps that will support them through the school transition period.
Cost: $50 per session
Time: 9:30am to 12:30pm
Location: Family Services, Degrey Place
Term two commences on April 20th.